The Certificate of Theology is designed as a one-year full-time College-level program, which can also be taken part-time.
The CertTh program forms the foundational studies for the DipTh, BTh, and MDiv programs, but is also an ideal stand alone program for Christians who desire in-depth Christian bases for life and ministry. Schoolteachers, Christians engaged in the workplace, nurses and doctors, businesspeople, NGO workers, and homemakers, can all gain significant intellectual, practical, and formational benefit from studying the CertTh program.
In the course of the CertTh program the individual learns:
· The basic content of the Scriptures, including the purpose, themes, and historical and cultural background of the books of the Bible.
· Basic principles of quality Bible interpretation, including an introduction to the biblical languages and how to use on-line language tools.
· Basic principles of communication, including an introduction to public speaking, teaching, evangelism, and people helping.
· How the social sciences can help us strengthen our Christian service in our churches and their surrounding communities.
· Significant issues in Muslim-Christian relations, and how we can be more effective as witnesses for Christ in the Middle East.
· The major themes of Christian theology that are emphasized in the Scriptures, and how these have been developed and applied over the past 2000 years in the church.
· Basic skills in interpreting all of life and ministry in light of biblical and theological lenses.
All elements of the Certificate of Theology program are compulsory: